Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Mangrove Creek

Paddled up Mangrove Creek to the weir from Richard Woodbury Reserve at Greengrove.  8.5klm return.

Nice beach to launch from at the reserve. 


Looking up at the Mangrove Mountain escarpment. 

Must have started the paddle just before dead low tide. Lots of lifting the kayak over the sand bars. Only had to get out once and drag the boat where a tree had fallen across the channel. The water was freezing and and I could only manage about 3 lifts at a time before I had to stop and warm my hands.


The weir and water treatment plant. 




A nice beach near the weir where I stopped and went for a short walk along the heritage road that leads up to Dubbo Gully. This would be the continuation of my walks noted in previous post.


On the way back the tide was pushing up and gave me just ebough water to not have to "lift" the kayak over the bars. I even paddled over the tree across the creek, having hit it at speed and then balanced on the top before pushing over into the deeper water. 

Azure Kingfisher, always makes my day to see one of these jewels flashing over the water, 

No comments: