Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Magic Morning

One of my best morning walks ever. 

Hawkesbury sandstone

Just love this view of the river. 



Hard at work


Pied Butcherbird 


Eastern Yellow Robin 


Australian Magpie 

Then the highlight of the morning. Caged birds allowed to free fly where they will. None of these are native to the local area.

Eclectus Parrot 


Red-tailed Black Cockatoo 

Macaws 
Using the big lens across the paddock and wishing they would come closer

Next thing one cockatoo flew towards me and landed at my feet. I kept trying to back up so I could focus but he kept following me, jumping about a foot in the air and fanning his red tail out in greeting. Magic! 


The Macaws came a little closer but kept their distance. 






Smiling and grinning inanely all day.

No comments: