Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 December 2019

Big Hole & Hanging Rock

Walking from the Berlang Camping area first to the Big Hole and then north to Hanging Rock.

A dry feet crossing of the Shoalhaven River.


Nice views as you climb through the heath.

The Big Hole. Always hard to do it justice in a photo.




Then down to the Bettowynd Fire Trail which I left and followed an unmapped trail where it took a sharp turn to the east. Thinking that this trail went west to private property I took another unmarked trail north but this took me back to the Bettowynd firetrail. 

I then left this again at a gate into private property and pushed through the scrub through a saddle north of spot height 899.

Once through the saddle the going was easier as I looked across at Hanging Rock




Then back along a good trail that I assume led out to Cleatmore Cave


Looking back at Hanging Rock

Then back to the Big Hole 



From the Shoalhaven River ridge to Hanging Rock


And back to Berlang after 17.3klm





No comments: