Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Recovery Walk

It's been an interesting week. An ambulance ride and a couple of days in hospital with a kidney stone, and then some recuperation time at home with a stent in to help with the flow from my kidney. So with the stent still not out, I was looking for a short easy walk close to home.  Had always wanted to stop on the expressway near Jolls Bridge and take a look from the ridge separating the Hawkesbury River from Mooney Mooney Creek.
A very foggy morning meant a wait for it to lift before I started on the walk. With 4 or 5 separate viewpoints it was a great way to spend a couple of hours.

Snake Island in Mooney Mooney Creek

Creek views 



First window on the Hawkesbury from the lower viewpoint. 


Then south along the ridge to a higher viewpoint over Mooney Mooney. 




Cheerio Point on Mooney Mooney Creek 

The village of Mooney Mooney with Spectacle Island and the Brooklyn Railway Bridge in the background.



From the higher viewpoint looking over the Hawkesbury River and Milson Island 


Milson Island 






Mid right on this shot is Cascade Gully with the wreck of the original HMAS Parramatta


A very enjoyable interlude, not the least for being back out again. 
When talking to my son he did mention that as a teenager I had told him to not worry about me as "I am f...ing invincible". The answer to that is that I'm still here. That will work up to a point. Make of that what you will.

No comments: