Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 October 2015

A little tick for my Wendoree Walk

Looking for a walk close to home before another night shift, I went down to the old Government Wharf at Wendoree. Having launched the kayak from here a few times,(Popran paddle ) I thought that a track might run along the river to Greenmans Valley. There was a little used track that disappeared and then started again with a few places where I had to push through some light scrub. was only a kilometre down to the Caravan Park at Greenmans Valley.
The reference in the title to to a tick relates to the numerous bites and rashes that I found when I got home and the tiny tick I found next day attached to an unmentionable part of my anatomy. 

The old Government walk at the start.

River views from along the walk. 


From the jetty at Greenmans Valley looking north to Gentlemans Halt and Wendoree.




Looking south to Big Jim's Point 

Peafowl at Greenmans Valley 



Then back at the Government Wharf I climbed the fire trail and found a lookout spot out over the river.




Grey Shrike-thrush  



No comments: