Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Parsley Bay to Fishermans Beach

Having an "extra day " with the change from an afternoon shift to night shift, I was looking to do a paddle before my afternoon nap. In a nice bookend to last weeks walk to Taffy's Rock I decided to paddle to Fishermans Beach on Cowan Creek, as the creek behind the beach runs up to Taffy's Rock.

First stop, on a perfect autumn day with no wind and mill pond conditions on the bay, was at Eleanor Beach which looks straight up broken Bay to Lion Island.


Rounding Eleanor Bluffs with its attendant sentinel, a White-breasted Sea Eagle.

Once around Eleanor Bluffs you are in Cowan Creek with two secluded and picturesque but unnamed beaches.  



A little further and Fishermans Bay comes into view. 

Looking across to Hallets Beach which being school holidays was quite busy and full, as was America and Refuge Bay. 

Fishermans Beach which I had all to myself, except for a quick visit by the volunteers from Clean Up Hawkesbury to collect rubbish from the beaches. 

Well done and an amazing program.








On the way back a light breeze and the sailboats were out in the bay. 


Heading back to Parsley Bay between Gunyah Point and Green Point is Eagle Rock. I cant resist photographing this rock every time I go past. Still fail to do it justice. 


Eagle Rock from the moorings at Dead Horse Bay 

 12klm paddled in 3 hours including 1/2 hour at Fishermans Beach. Took me just on an hour coming back with the tide.

No comments: