Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 March 2015

Cowan to Berowra

Started the walk from Cowan with the intention of walking to Bujwa Bay via Djarra Crossing as I had noticed this track on Google maps. However this was into Muogamarra Nature Reserve and to proceed past the gate was to risk a $1100-fine. Not having the cash on me, I decided to walk to Berowra instead and catch the train back.

A nice track which is part of the Great North Walk leads down into the valley towards Berowra Waters.








First views of Berowra Creek looking north to towards the Hawkesbury.

After a lot of ups and downs the ridge above Berowra Waters is reached with great views of the ferry crossing.




After a quick lunch and refilling my water bottles at the reserve at the ferry crossing it was pretty much straight up again.

Blessed are the track makers as they show us the way, and more importantly, make it easier to walk.


The Great North Walk continued on to Crosslands but I headed for Berowra stopping briefly to enjoy the view (and rest) at the Baa Nadu Lookout.




This lookout is only about 2.2klm from the station at Berowra and the well earned coffee at the  end of my 14klm hike.

No comments: